Username:

Password:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1938 Chevrolet updates  (Read 671 times)
modiol

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2018, 11:16:52 AM »

I made a couple of changes on the 38.  The car I have is a 1938 Chevrolet Master Sedan, not the Master Deluxe.  The Master Deluxe has all ivory window knobs, ivory dash knobs, and ivory radio knobs.  The Master has brown knobs.  They only reproduced the ivory knobs, which I had in my car.  I already had the brown window knobs installed on the car, but found the brown light switch, choke and throttle knobs at a swap meet in Tahoe.  I drilled out two extra window handle knobs to make matching radio knobs.  I also painted the ash tray knob brown.

I have the Ivory light switch, choke and throttle cables for sale if anyone is interested.

I also installed the 1938 Accessory Rear license plate holder.  It moves the license plate from the left tail light stand to the center of the trunk, similar to the 1939 chevy.  In order to do this swap, I got another left side tail light stand, cut off the license plate bracket, filled in the hole, and had it painted to match.  I used a extra tail light bucket from right side since it didn't have the glass for the license plate light.  I had the back up light painted at the same time.  I drill an extra hole in the trunk to route the wire for the license plate light.  I wired the back up light to a dash mounted switch.

bombtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 12:55:09 PM »

Nice work Mario but take off the blue dots.  LOL
oldschoolauto

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 02:56:31 AM »

cool

"These things I do, that others may live"
Aeroman
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 11:44:19 AM »

looks good Mario

47Fleetline.com - 1947 Fleetline Aerosedan Frame Off Restoration
Sola Fide

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 10:18:34 PM »

Lights connected, I like the switch panel, fog, back up and pass.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: